Friday, December 02, 2005

Velvet Scarf Obsession

After being gifted with a beautiful silk and velvet scarf by Deb Lacativa, (http://morewgalo.blogspot.com )I got to thinking how much fun it would be try my own hands at dyeing some scarves. Here is a picture of my first batch. Oh my goodness it was so exciting to play with all the colors!! and see what comes out. I had to do some research to find out where to get a source for different scarves and figure out how much dye powder to put in, and develop a procedure for actually doing the dyeing and hanging them up to dry. Deb was immensely helpful to me in answering some of my questions, and generously sharing her process. The results were so exciting I can't wait to go do some more. Now I know what everybody on my gift list is getting for the holidays, if I can bear to part with any of them!.

No comments: