Sunday, October 05, 2008

Wonderful Wisteria

A new online knitting magazine, Twist Collective ( www.twistcollective.com ) recently had a fabulous sweater by Kate Gilbert on it, and I had to knit it immediately. I loved this pattern at first sight, and couldn’t wait to cast on, so I used some hand dyed yarn I had purchased last year at Rhinebeck, but didn’t know what kind of yarn it was, as a small vendor had it for sale and I bought 5 skeins because I liked the color. Swatching yielded gauge, so I went with it. It was a bit unevenly dyed, so the total effect is uneven, but I loved making this sweater and watching the cables merge and emerge. I think it came out a bit long for me, and I shortened the arms by about 4 inches, but I loved the total effect. I might have to make another one in a plain yarn so the cables pop more.. Thanks to Kate Gilbert for a wonderful design!
Here I'm wearing it in the shop where I work, Sticks and Strings ( www.sticksandstringsknitting.com ) where I admire the Koigu and wish I could have every color....

5 comments:

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

Jeri..another winner. You look great in your new sweater..I love the cable around the bottom and the sleeves..just in time for the cool autumn weather.

Elizabeth Rosenberg said...

Brava, Jeri! Kate Gilbert would be proud! I don't think it's too long at all. In fact, it looks cozy and very, very warm! Your work is so gorgeous!
Love, E

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks. Fiber art always looks so much better when you can see it "for real", so I hope you'll wear it when I'm there. It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Magnificent! Not too long at all! Cables deserve room to expand! Mes félicitations!
Benedicte

Anonymous said...

Jeri this is simply a beautiful sweater and looks amazing on you... love the colour but then you should know that already!