Saturday, September 04, 2010

Buckyball Day


As today is the 25th anniversary of the Buckyball
I thought it would be fun to share my month-long obsession with making beaded beads, using wire or fishing line to string crystals in various configurations. You can make dodecahedra, icosahedra, octohedra, etc very nicely using Czech crystals or Swarovsky crystals, and weaving them into Platonic or Archimedean solids!
Here are some of the ones I've made this month:
I first learned how to make these from this website: http://mydailybead.blogspot.com/
and then have been playing with this idea for a while. It is very addicting!

I also finished a vest:

3 comments:

Sue Dennis said...

Jeri your beads are amazing! Very nice vest too. BTW how was the pineapple?

Elizabeth Rosenberg said...

Such a pretty lady in the photo, wearing such a pretty vest and such a pretty beaded ball around her neck!

Oh, lucky me, to be the owner of one of those beautiful Jeririgged beaded beauties!

susan Schrott said...

And I am the lucky gal who know wears one of your gorgeous buckyballs. I LOVE mine. Thank you Jeri for the gorgeous birthday present. Your sweaters are magnificent