Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snow Day

 I woke up this morning to 7 inches of white stuff! It made the backyard a fairyland of snow.
 I love the view out the bathroom window, with all the trees edged in white.
Meanwhile, a few days ago we made a wall of boxes downstairs to create a make-shift guest room so my mom and brother could visit for Christmas dinner. I ended up sleeping here and it was fun. There is a bathroom on the left, so it is a comfortable space. Eventually we hope to make it a regular room, but it works fine for the moment.
 The Riggs family was together for dinner, and it was delightful to share our new kitchen/dining area/family room with my mom, brothers, nieces and sister-in law, as well as having my kids and husband all home..
Meanwhile I finished a sweater I've been working on, so that was a nice warm way to end the year .It is a version of "Medallion Cardigan" done in Noro sock yarn.


 Happy New Year to all. I wish peace, success, joy and happiness to all of you this coming year!

No comments: