Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Sweater experiment

As I described a few posts ago,I was designing a circular sweater similar to Sandra McIver's Swirl, but knit from the body out to the edge.After finishing the knitting of the body, I washed it and blocked it, which smoothed out the welting and made it much larger and drapier. I knew the Silk Garden yarn would stretch with blocking, so I needed to check the length before knitting the sleeves. Here it is tried on before adding sleeves:



 
I think the length is good for a short person like myself! Final bindoff row had 380 stitches.

 
Here it is with the sleeves added. A very warm and comfy sweater, just the thing for these frigid months!


 
I used 2 colorways of Silk Garden, 354 and 337, but I don't think there is enough blue..I may have to make another one....

4 comments:

Bard Bloom said...

That's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it without the sleeves.
Carole Hoffman

Anonymous said...

It's much more flattering as a vest and you picked the perfect top to wear under it. Of course, lots of colors would be great with it. The sleeves have stripes that are different from the body and they just doesn't look like they belong to that sweater.
Can you give a link to the pattern? or maybe you already did...

Jeri said...

Thanks, folks!
Yes, that is the issue with the sleeves which stripe differently than the body because the circumference of each row is so small.It is the same yarn, though!
I can't give a link to the pattern because I made it up. But thanks for asking. Perhaps I will write it up and offer it on Ravelry some time.