Monday, March 14, 2011

In Celebration of Pi Day

My son found this marvelous song in honor of Pi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMWEz-jaHE
 so I had to share it with you.
It is lovely to knit to...although I am still limiting my knitting time and icing and getting PT, etc. But nothing is as disheartening as seeing the scenes of destruction in Japan. The scope of the world-wide disasters lately has been astonishing. If it brings the world together and helps us rise above our petty differences, that might bring some good out of all of this. With Uranus entering Aries , at a time of Pluto in Capricorn and Saturn in Libra, it is certainly a time where compassion and mothering are sorely needed. Maybe Neptune entering Pisces will help usher in an ideal of universal compassion and we can start to heal some of the wounds of the world.
In the meantime, there are blue orchids.

I had to buy this blue orchid, which I ran across at Home Depot of all places. It is the most perfect color I have ever seen in a flower.

5 comments:

Sue Dennis said...

I have never seen an orchid that colour!! Spectacular.

Judy Warner said...

Thanks, Jeri. I sent a copy of that video to my daughter who a cherry pie yesterday from their bakery for reciting the first 35 decimal places of pi from memory.

Love that blue too!

Elizabeth Rosenberg said...

That is THE most gorgeous orchid I have ever seen. Who'd have thunk you'd find such a beauty at Home Depot! I am so jealous I could spit. Not very lady-like, I know, but still, oh, it's the PERFECT blue!!!!!

Susan said...

OH Jeri..that Orchid!!! Breathless...you know I adore orchids..but blue..my goodness. Of course you had to have it.

Anonymous said...

Sadly it is dyed. I almost bought one today until I read the fine print.